Ibaraki Kasumigaura Prize
Call for Papers
The 11th Ibaraki Kasumigaura Prize supported by the Ibaraki Prefectural Government, Japan, will be awarded to two distinguished researchers from developing countries to support their research and participation in the 18th World Lake Conference, to be held in Guanajuato, Mexico, during 9-11 November 2021. Each of the prize awardees will receive a certificate of commendation and the monetary prize of JPY250,000, in addition to the opportunity to make a presentation on the final submitted paper at this international conference.
- Those wishing to apply for the selection process must possess nationalities of the countries listed in the DAC List of ODA Recipients. (http://www.worldlakeconference.ugto.mx/en/images/pdf/2-DAC-list-of-ODA-Recipients.pdf)
First Screening of Applications
- The results of the first screening of the applications will be announced on the Conference website (http://www.worldlakeconference.ugto.mx/en/) by September 24th, 2021. Based on the submitted abstracts, about five papers will be selected for the final selection process.
- Those who are short-listed for the final selection process will be requested to submit a full paper by October 1st, 2021. The results of the final selection will be announced by October 15th 2021.
- Please complete the submission form in English.
- Abstract submissions for the Ibaraki Kasumigaura Prize, to be submitted to the above-noted address, is separate from submission of abstracts to the Conference itself. Registration for the 18th World Lake Conference is also separate. Please follow the application procedure for conference registration as noted on the conference website (http://www.worldlakeconference.ugto.mx/en/), which also contains detailed information on the conference itself.
- The Ibaraki Kasumigaura Prize Winners are required to commit to participation in the 18th World Lake Conference and make a presentation in the appropriate conference session.